Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Miracles at hand

Miracles at hand

hearing: Stick Around ~ Azure

God is at work. I have recently received an e-mail from my economics 111 professor that he gave me a passing grade!!! oh good Lord. i totally expected that i would flunk his class since i flunked all of his exams, lacked in attendance (i was either absent or late since it was a 730am class.. gad), and during the times that i was present, i was either chatting with my classmates, staring out into space, or what not. i hardly listened to his lectures. and at the end, i get this. a passing grade. i feel so incredibly unworthy yet thankful and blessed at the same time. i don't feel relieved since i have already accepted unto myself the fact that i would fail without a doubt. but i didn't. i could almost cry... my professor has a good and merciful heart.

Sir Jeff D., thank you so much. you have no idea how you just saved the educational career of this student on probation...

*****

anyway, i remember this song a person i know suggested to me before. this person had a great influence on my musical tastes. the songs i learn from him are always good. that's why i always trust his judgement. one of these songs is 'Stick Around' by Azure. easy listening. bagay sa weather hehe Ü just got to hear it again this afternoon and learned to appreciate it again, most especially the meaning behind it.

Stick Around ~ Azure

How many times do I daydream
about making love to you
and take you to a special place
where it's only me and you

I'll put away all your troubles
on the other side of the world
and run my arms around your heart
and tell you you're my girl

So let's go steal away in the night
and we'll go far away from here
to the place where our love is right
can I take you to my world?

CHORUS:
Whenever you're sad
whenever you're crying
I'll be the one who wipes away your tears
Whenever you call
Whenever you need me
I'll be the one who runs to you
Giving my love
Well you know how much I love you
so you better not let me down
I'm not asking for too much baby
just stick around...

A quiet day in the country
or a rainy night in my room
we'll hide away under my sheets
after the morning comes too soon
an afternoon in your eyes
or a lifetime in your heart
forever just stay long enough
but it leads to take a start

falling deeper in love with you
will you be there to catch me girl
are you falling deep with me too
can I keep you in my world?

CHORUS

forever... forever
oh would you come on baby
let's go steal away in the night
and we'll go far away from here
to the place where our love is right
oooh coz

CHORUS

forever... forever. ##


*sigh*

speaking of sigh-worthy beings, John Stevens is incredible. what a voice *sigh* raised to the nth power. i wish he won in American Idol... but i guess his voice, albeit amazing, is not as flexible as Fantasia's. oh well. atleast i hope he'll come out with an album or something *rarr*.

No comments: