Sunday, June 19, 2005

father's day

on loop: butterfly kisses ~ bob carlisle (one of the ultimate dad songs)

it's father's day again. like a universal holiday held especially for dads. one day in every year for the dad that does everything for the entire year... like Christ. He too gets just a day, for whatever it's worth. people suddenly feel extra generous and loving to their dads or to their moms (mother's day) just on this day... i myself have been guilty of this. i just wish that dads and moms would be more appreciated the whole year round... sana dati ko pa 'to na-realize. i wish i could have shown my mom just how much of my life she was a part of, just how so much bigger than life she was to me. i will never get the chance to do so anymore and that realization changed me slowly but drastically. so for those with their good folks still left around, please please don't take them for granted. you'd be left with nothing but regret, i'll assure you of that. you would remember every single argument you had, every moment that you shrugged your parent off, every instance na hindi mo sila pinagbigyan when you could have spared a little of your time and effort and that would've meant so much to them. believe me, it gnaws at you. it just does. for years on end.

my dad's really great and i'm so grateful to have him. though i don't get to tell him that, i do my best to show him how important he is to me and how much i prioritize him above all else. i've learned from my mistake and though i am sure nothing will ever be enough, i could probably be content in the thought that at least i tried and that i knew what should be done. hopefully, he'll appreciate it as well and somehow he would be happy. i just want him to be happy and content and know the fact that he is loved. a lot of my friends have lost their fathers already and it's really very painful to lose a parent. i myself lost my mom when i was just sixteen (a time when i needed my mom the most), barely capable to handle the grief. you grow up suddenly and learn a lot of things... and maybe that's part of the legacy they leave you, for you to use on the times they won't be there.


****

anyway, on a lighter note. jr told me about this song last night. ganda ng lyrics, very meaningful pero slightly melancholic. i've heard it ever since before but never really noticed it until now. tenks :) i'll post the lyrics here in case anyone would want a copy of it.

cannonball ~ damien rice

Still a little bit of your taste in my mouth
Still a little bit of you laced with my doubt
Still a little hard to say what's going on
Still a little bit of your ghost your witness
Still a little bit of your face I haven't kissed
You step a little closer each day
Still I can't say what's going on

Stones taught me to fly
Love taught me to lie
Life taught me to die
So it's not hard to fall
When you float like a cannonball

Still a little bit of your song in my ear
Still a little bit of your words I long to hear
You step a little closer to me
So close that I can't see what's going on

Stones taught me to fly
Love taught me to lie
Life taught me to die
So it's not hard to fall
When you float like a cannon

Stones taught me to fly
Love taught me to cry
So come on courage!
Teach me to be shy
'Cause it's not hard to fall
And I don't wanna scare her

It's not hard to fall
And I don't wanna lose
It's not hard to grow
When you know that you just don't know.

2 comments:

Abster said...

Wheeee... my favorite tearjerker song. Hehehe!!!

Thanks sa bisita! Di na kita nakikita sa school ah...hehehe. La lang! GOd bless ah!

Hyannah said...

hi abi :) hehe yeah. i left admu na.. sad to say. transferred to miriam just this june :) took up ibarra's favorite topic hehe