Sunday, July 24, 2005

iskeri

on loop: out of my head ~ fastball

i woke up really early today (despite having slept at 6am already) today with a really bad toothache :( the left side of my face was a bit swollen, and the lower left side of my gums are inflamed. my wisdom tooth is going at it... and in my friend's words, it's "erupting". it reaallyy hurts, i can't stand it. but more than the pain, it's very irritating. parang may nakabara palaging buto ng santol sa gilid ng bibig ko hehe. argh. i'm going to have it examined by a dentist and i have a sinking feeling that i may have to have it taken out surgically. its growth is pushing against the rest of my teeth in the lower part of my mouth. now i know how a teething baby feels like. i'm just scared of the surgery... i get queasy and nauseous. this is the reason why i did not pursue medicine even when my entire family was bugging me to when i was younger. bleh.

anyway, i was supposed to hang out with some of my former blockmates today but we weren't able to push through which is sad but probably just as well since i'm having this really rotten toothache. hopefully we'll get to hang out soon before the midterms come up or something. even if i wanted to stay home and sleep away the pain, i had a lot of things to do today. i went to UP for a play we were required to see, then i had to go to our house in BF to check on some things. got home around 11, then bea dropped by so we can get coffee hehe :) i got to study a bit, which was good instead of just lying around at home. actually, i just got home now but i can't sleep because of the tea in my green *duh* tea frappe.

oh and another thing. when i was in BF earlier this evening, Vanilla Sky was showing on tv. i never really got to watch it before, but i was able to see it earlier. i liked it!!! i rarely REALLY like a movie, but i liked this one. it's just such a bummer coz i was only able to catch the first half coz i had to leave BF already. magsho-shopping nga ako ng mga CDs and DVDs soon... haven't seen any movies lately nor bought any new CDs. i've been meaning to go metrowalk since i heard they have really good DVDs there, pirated nga lang. i'm really sorry to say but who has money for original ones, anyway? last time i checked, an orginal DVD copy ranged from 600 pesos up until a thousand bucks. *ehem* anyway before i go, i just want to post this prayer that i find really beautiful and meaningful :)

*****

the serenity prayer

God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Living ONE DAY AT A TIME,
enjoying one moment at a time,
accepting hardship as the pathway to peace.

Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it.

Trusting that He will make all things right if I
surrender to His Will.

That I may be reasonably happy in this life,
and supremely happy with Him forever in the next. Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep karl nga :-) sino pa ba k p sa buhay mo? lol

Hyannah said...

nyerks. ang korny hehe. jk. pa kp kp pa kasi eh. wala akong mga break, straight classes ko tues to fri :) lagi bumabalik pala bumabalik email ko sayo. wala ka pa rin cel?

Anonymous said...

vanilla sky: two thumbs up :) one of my favorites :)