Tuesday, November 09, 2004

first time

first time

on loop: baby it's you ~ jojo feat. bow wow

sigh. had my job interview this afternoon in ePacific Global (a call center on the 34th floor of Antel Global Bldg in ortigas). i was asked to come at 1 PM after i sent my resume online last friday night. in typical Hyannah fashion, i came in late. fart. as in, big time late. but i wasn't too concerned about it... it's not like i'm dying to get this job or anything but i admit it was terribly unprofessional of me to do so. so anyway when i got there, first thing i noticed was that i was so underdressed. damn... everyone were in suits and stuff. and i thought i dressed up pretty well already (striped POLO, black slacks and boots plus a stupid leather bag.. haha unimaginable horror for a girl who lives on shirts, jeans and slippers). when i caught a glimpse of myself walking along the glass door-lined corridor, i got a start coz i almost couldn't recongnize myself haha. working girl na (yeuch!). so anyway, i was asked to come at 1PM pala because a certain ms.kaye (head of, like, the HR dep or something) signed me up for the training already, so needless to say, i missed it. and since she wasn't there, they asked me to come back 1t 9AM the next day. darn.

i also took an online exam... it was actually difficult. haha. i thought it wasn't going to be so hard... really made me think (and actually gave me a headache). it wasn't an IQ test or anything... it was more of communication skills exam. they ask you to complete sentences such as "I would be the happiest person in the world if __________________ ." or "My biggest frustration is ________________________ ." etc etc.. a hella lot of those, some of them really though-provoking ones that got me stumped for a while. it was also really long! like, 30 questions of the like. and under time constraint at that. then there were the essay questions too... like, dialogue-type wherein they say you have this client that's freaking out on the other line, what do you say, or something like i call some teenage bum in ohio and i have to promote a newly launched prepaid card... how would i do that etc etc. wow i wasn't ready for the test. also had to fill out an application/resume form that was 8 pages long... wow. they fished for so much info, was running out of things to put, since i was not able to prepare like a list of seminars i've attended etc etc. all of this was done in a desktop, each of us with our own. i actually dig the workplace hehe. you get your own pc, phone and file cabinet hehe.

got to meet a few people, some young'uns (fresh grads and some oldies etc.)... they really prepared for this day. they went around pa daw, asking for tips and stuff. yikes. anyway, hope i make it. for pride's sake, actually hehe. and hope i do good on the major interview tomorrow, my biggest fear is making a fool out of myself. had many of those instances already kanina... kinda intimidating coz i think i'm like, the youngest one there on the entire floor and i felt like a huge dolt, what with everyone giving me the eye or something. blech. my dad was actually really very sweet coz he drove me there and waited for me for like 3 hours... awww. i would have fallen to pieces if he wasn't there. owe him big time... couldn't have done it without him :) guess i'm not so independent after all. so that makes me think, am i really cut out for work already? hehe we'll find out soon enough ;)

No comments: