Friday, November 26, 2004

gloat

gloat

on loop: bibbo ~ vhong navarro (hahaha)

before i say anything else, i just wanna remind everyone (and myself as well ;p) that this is my blogspace and i'm free to let loose any verbal diarrhea i might have. having said that, i wanna go to my main point now. actually, I RULE. ahahaha how terribly conceited i know but i just have to gloat for a bit to get this out of my system. as i've said before, i'm under training for e-pac since monday, right? this morning, we had a mock revalida. a revalida is a revalidation wherein we aspiring call center agents are made to place calls as we would an actual international client call.... but the difference here is that we are made to act as agents to clients who are played by ceratin higher-ups in the company. out of the original number of 68 in our initial training day last monday, only 36 were left for today... the others having been eliminated. everyone was so tense and shook up while waiting for our turns. i was assigned to place a call to our company's vp for sales. intimidating shit. but what really rocked my boat, after all the circus hulla-baloo, was that i was the only one who made it in our batch. not two, not three, but just me. the call i made was so good that they made me do it again but this time they made me call the line of the training room and they put me on speaker phone for everyone to hear. even the team leaders, qm's and the vp for sales of course was there. i was the only one told that i did good and everyone rushed up to me full of congratulatory remarks and stuff... i haven't ever felt that way before, really. it's different level of euphoria.

it's so hard to explain without sounding too full of myself but i guess i'm just so proud to have made it despite the difficult path. after i made the second call, the vp approached me and asked if i could be honest with him and say if i had applied or am considering other offers from other companies... i said that i was scheduled for my final interview in another call center this afternoon, and in front of the entire batch he said "could i negotiate with you on that? if i gave you a *toot (amount of money)* more than what *toot (name of company b)*, will you disregard your interview and work with us?" needless to say, i was shocked out of my boots. the offer was very good and very un-protocol. the money was very good but i was flustered so i asked for some time to think it over. he then invited me for "coffee with us" ('us' being the higher-ups) and "discuss business". mwahahahaha. bullshit. to cut a long story short, i did good and i'm proud. it was hard and i really, really worked for this so i deserve it. it's loads of fun... i've made so many friends and learned so so so much about about anything and everything about life in general. tonight, our batch will be going to baywalk to celebrate... newfound friendships, i guess? and greater learning hehe. life's great right now. i'm having good and clean fun and learning at the same time :) on the other hand, i miss my friends so much i haven't had the time to hang with any of them lately but hopefully we'll all find some common loose end in our schedules and get together again... there's still nothing like the warmth of your real friends (naks hehe).

**** by the way, i did not intend for this post to practice conceit but simply as a form of record which i could turn back to in the future and see how my first ever job application turned out and what became of my virgin attempt in the corporate world. if you've reached this far in reading my post, thanks for your time :) i really appreciate yopu sharing in my sentiments somehow.

No comments: