Monday, November 22, 2004

free spree

free spree

on loop: can i walk with you ~ india arie

my dad cooked up a surprise for me this entire day :) we were supposed to go to our other house in BF but he cancelled at the last minute, saying that the car wasn't in such good shape to travel so far. he then prepared four dishes for lunch! felt like it was someone's birthday or fiesta or something. there were buttered shrimps, fried tilapia, beef in tomato sauce and roast chicken hehehe. needless to say, i pigged out hahaha. then he promised to finally get me a dvd player for Christmas.. hehe yay! i know i'm like the lamest ever since im still in the vcd stage... pirated at that. so i'm really glad he finally agreed to buy me a player. around 6, when i was lounging around in my room, he comes in surprisingly (he never goes up to my room) and re-installs a phone line in my room hehehe yay... after a few months of confiscating it :) i'm finally connected again hehe. he then suddenly asks me what i was going to wear to my first job training this monday night and i rattled off the usual stuff in my closet that could pass as business attire then my dad told me to get dressed fast coz we were going "somewhere".

i didnt know where we were headed but it turns out we went to an ukay-ukay!!! very cool hehe. the place was huge and clean and bright (not exactly what i imagined tthe place to be but.. BETTER hehe) and CHEAP! i went crazy hehe... i got 4 tops and two slacks, my dad got himself 3 polos and we paid only P860 bucks! amazing :) considering the quality of the items were parallel to those found in mall stores. i personally like a blue sweater with a funky collar and cream slacks that my dad picked out for me. he even found a marks and spencer polo in blue and a dark green ralph lauren! very fab finds :) hehe. we were there for about 2hours, rummaging through the endless racks of great outfits. we left just before 11... after that, i thought we were going home already, but he took me to the night market in greenhills as well. the great thing about shopping with parents is that they pay for your stuff! hahaha. bought some stuff in the night market as well. they had really great polos (basically what i need for work) at 200 to 300 bucks apiece only! i thought it would be around 500, but they apparently pulled the prices down already. my dad just patiently waited for me among the tables near the food stalls even if it was raining. *sigh* i felt guilty about that... on the way home, he talked to me about what i wanted to do with my life. he gave suggestions and advice, but in the end he said that he would support me in whatever i would decide to do. he said i was old enough already and that i had enough brains to handle myself in this tough world.

i really get uncomfortable during talks like this... i'm not used to serious, heartfelt discussions but i know that my dad means well and that he's accepted that not all plans in life are realized. sometimes things have to make a detour before one can get to where they're really supposed to go. i've been thinking these past few days and i realized that maybe i was meant to go the way i am now. it may have seemed like it was a terrible mistake at first but now, i am loving it. i am excited for my job and i feel rejuvenated. i've made plans for the future... sorted out my crazy life, set my priorities straight, and learned a lot while i was at it. people have been great... my friends are very supportive and fun (as always), my blockmates didn't judge me as i first thought they would, and certain people did not forget me as i also thought they would. life's been good. actually, i really dunno what got into my dad as to why he's suddenly really gung-ho on all this being nice stuff, but i don't want to dampen the moment by being a negative speculator. i'm just happy... way beyond material happiness. thank you God for each and every thing.

No comments: